Salary: £15,637 - £18,765 -Dependent upon experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
At VPS Grounds Services we provide a wide range of grounds care and maintenance services throughout the UK, to both public and private sectors.
We have unrivalled expertise, our trusted and knowledgeable teams take pride in their work and are consistently recognised for their high standards of service. We offer all aspects of grounds maintenance and commercial landscaping to local authorities, schools and businesses.
As Grounds Maintenance Operatives you will report to the GM Team Foreman and are responsible for working within the grounds maintenance team to complete Grounds Maintenance works in accordance with project specifications, CDM requirements and our own Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental procedures, statutory requirements and industry best practice.
The post is based at our Colnbrook depot, but working from other company locations may be required for extended periods to meet the needs of the business. Any additional training required to enable this role to be performed will be provided at the company’s expense.
Key Skills Responsibilities:
- Delivering a high quality of workmanship covering all aspects of Grounds Maintenance on sites (Grass Cutting, Hedge Cutting, Weed Control, Pruning, Litter collection etc).
- Provide a responsive and professional service to customers, dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating immediately to Landscape Foreman as appropriate.
- Carry out all works in accordance with company Health, Safety & Environmental policies & procedures; as well as contract-specific Construction Phase Plans, Job Sheets, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Proactively report any deficiencies in plant, equipment or damaged infrastructure to the Foreman immediately.
- Proactively participate in Near Miss and accident reporting to promote continuous improvement in health and safety performance and help to pre-empt the circumstances and practices under which injuries might be sustained in future.
- Ensure that any unsatisfactory performance identified is immediately corrected to meet expected standards and requirements.
- Carry out all duties in a manner and style that reflects the Group’s values and respects all colleagues and customers.
- Good working knowledge of Grounds Maintenance and industry experience
- Proven experience of working with the relevant Client group.
- Proven experience of working within a contracting environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels.
- Effective smartphone user. Enthusiasm and drive to develop a career in the horticultural industry.
- CSCS Card preferred, but not essential.
- Health and Safety training preferred but not essential.
- Initial Line marking experience desirable
- PA1 and PA6 desirable
Why VPS Grounds Services?
- Fast growing business with excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
- Company pension scheme
- Annual leave 22 days and 8 bank holidays
- Employee benefits, such as Health Care Cash Plan.
- Free Medical and Legal helpline.
- Discounted gym membership; spa and golf discounts.
If you have not been contacted within 10 working days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.